#9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkids
Hmmmmmmmm. I'm sounding more angry than what I probably feel. But I do hate and resent being defined by how I look, good or bad.
Kathy

The sad truth is that we're all defined that way. Primates like us are visual beings. I hate to say it, but I'm no more high-minded than the next person. I will probably favor the better looking person, all other things being equal. And I'll probably do it unconsciously - as will most people.

At bare minimum, the Brad Pitts of the world will get more chances and better opportunities than the rest of us. And if you're fat, you get even fewer chances. It's why you have to make the most of them.

I don't know if it will ever be different. I suspect that at some level, the fat are as discrimiated against as any racial minority. I can recall seeing analysis on the earnings of fat people, tall people, etc. Tall people on average make more money until they get too tall; fat people earn significantly less than thin. I just wonder if you compared the average earnings of fat people to various gender and minority groups, if you'd see a gap just as large?

I don't know, and don't have time to Google around for it. Any takers?