View Single Post
  #235   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 14:34

Plan: my own
Stats: 297/159/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default toward the end of Week Eight?

... Time has been getting away from me lately! I'd just like to congratulate you all, you're doing so great, and this group has been a HUGE help to me. Even when I'm not doing as well as I would like, I know you're here, and that helps me try harder. Thank you, Monika, for leading and helping us all!

The Questions:
Do you feel good about the activity that you fit in?
Moderately good - my FAP routine works and is good for me, and I feel good after doing it. My favorite exercise is walking - I derive a mental lift from walking down in the park that I get from nothing else. So as soon as my new toenail finishes growing in (still get shooting pains in it when I'm on my feet a lot) I'll take that up again - I don't care if it's two degrees out! Well, I say that now, anyway

Did participating in the Challenge help keep you on track?
Oh, yes. I would almost say it helps with Life In General. Exercising is still not "second nature" for me - maybe it never will be - but belonging to this group helps me keep doing it, which in turn makes me feel better and cheers me up.

Do you feel you've made progress towards your goal?
Yes - if I remember the sequence of events, the 1st challenge had barely started when I utterly killed my toe. If it hadn't been for the challenge I probably would have simply given up on exercising.

Have you identified the possible barriers to exercise in the future?
My attitude, which I am working on, and the cold weather (I have hibernation tendencies). I'm thinking of putting a coffemaker, on a timer, in my bedroom, so I'll have a hot drink when I wake up.

How is your motivation to keep including fitness in your life?
I really feel being active is crucial to my improved health, so I definitely intend to keep it up. BTW count me in for the next "leg" of our tour!

Take care everyone!