Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 20:00

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
actaully, once you cut through all the huffery and puffery, he is not
that far off from what a lot of people on this forum have posted, that, in fact
when you get closer to your goal wt, calories do indeed count.

And if you read DANDR closely, you will find that Dr. Atkins said the same thing. Nowhere in his book are you told to stuff yourself and nowhere does he ever say that calories don't ultimately matter..in fact, he says they DO.
Granted, he doesn't address it as directly as he could have in the words of, "If you are already cutting carbs to the bone and exercising and are still not losing weight, pay closer attention to how much you are actually eating." But he does say that calories do matter in the grand scheme of things..
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people see the words "unlimited" alongside fats and proteins and see it as a license to pig out on these foods even though the book specifically states that low carb is not to be used as a license to gorge yourself on unrestricted foods.
Quite honestly, I see more often problems here on this board with people eating too little than I do with people eating too much. Not that eating too much doesn't happen, it's just that I believe that eating too little occurs more often.