View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 18:40

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

This is a great thing to think about, especially when you're feeling low on low-carb .

For me, I've always been on and off diets (since I was 14) so I was always on the lookout for a new way of eating. Weight had something to do with it but my big issue (as with many) were binges. I just got so sick and tired of eating "right" for a few weeks then following it with a binge that would last days or a week and then beating myself up for being "bad" and going on a diet to be "good" again. The one who turned me on to low-carbing was my mom - which was ironic because she only stayed with Atkins for a week because she can't get out of the low-fat mentality! It sounded a little strange to me after eating low-fat for so long to be liberal with fats (but this was the way my mom presented it and before I read any lc book). Then my sister started to do research on it and she pointed out how much it made sense. She started with Schwartzbien principle (she is a vegetarian and that was the most veggie-friendly one she found). I bought Atkins book and read it and found she was right - it did make a lot of sense. I especially liked that you don't go hungry on lcing. So in Jan 2002 I started Atkins - and have been on and off ever since. This time I'm back on for good!

Tam