View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 09:27

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%
Default lactose intolerant

Wanted to let you know, my problem was lactose intolerance - I had the test, which actually came back OK, but on my follow-up with the doctor a week later, she said it was unusual and that I was borderline so I was able to get away with having dairy products the way I used to eat - so after getting really sick on Sunday night/Monday morning after having Grey Cup (Canadian football final) hot wings with blue cheese and Swiss cheese on a hamburger patty, I cut out ALL cheese from my diet yesterday, and lo and behold I was finally OK for the first time in over 2 weeks yesterday and so far today. I'm thinking that it was OK to eat cheese once in a while before, but on Atkins I've been having at least a bit of cheese with just about every meal or snack (sprinkled on my salad, cream cheese on celery, hard cheese for snacks) and I guess the intolerance finally caught up with me. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't come back, and I'll try to eventually add some cheese back in small doses later on. On the good side, I'll be cutting back the calories too!

So anyone else out there who's lactose intolerant - what is a good substitute for cheese?