View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Great thread!

My first 'experience' with LCing was my sister-in-law who started The Zone a couple of years ago. She's always had sugar-related physical problems and was so happy to have found a way to lose weight AND get her blood sugar under control. I was interested in The Zone and she gave me some info on it. The 'block' thing just completely bamboozled my mind and seemed entirely too complicated. I seriously thought about embarking on that path, but just kept procrastinating.

About that same time I also heard of Atkins, but from what I had heard, it didn't sound healthy at all. One co-worker of DH's had gone on it and after a while he was looking pretty bad.

As time went on, though, I became more curious and wanted to do more research. I was having trouble with blood sugar and have one sister who's diabetic, and I am in the completely high risk category. One thing I wanted to know was how long did Dr. Atkins live on his diet? A few months ago I found the original book at a thrift shop, and that answered that question. At the time I was busy and just laid the book aside. One evening I walked by it and thought, 'Hey, I'm going to read that thing!' I picked it up and the rest is, as they say, history!

My only regret is that I didn't research this WOE when I originally thought about it, and didn't read that book when I first thought it!