#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/325/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I am getting so discouraged

My name is Sheri and I am from NC. I did Atkins about 4-5 years ago and lost 153 lbs in 10 months. I ended up gaining almost every pound back because of a lot of stress in my life and very very poor food choices (carbs are my comfort food) Then when the stress was over I found out I was pregnant and had to be on bedrest and take lots of hormones to be able to carry the baby to term so the weight just kept adding on. Well, now that the baby is 13 months old I am back to Atkins for the past 3 weeks. I was pretty excited because I had lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks (tomorrow will be 3 weeks) although it is a much slower loss than last time (I lost 27 lbs in that amount of time the first time on the diet). I got on the scales this morning and it was up 2 lbs!! WHAT??? How can that be? I have a lot to lose...about 130-140 lbs so the weight loss should not be so slow. And gaining is just crazy. I can tell you that I do eat ketchup not a lot but once in a while (but I did that last time too) and I have to admit I have been drinking more diet drinks. Last time WATER was all I drank. I just feel so discouraged today. I had my hopes up to lose like I did the first time and I just don't see that happening. I have a very important event coming up in June and I had thoughts of being down atleast 70-80 lbs at that point but I guess that just isn't going to happen huh? I need support, ideas, and advice from all of you who can spare some. I don't want to give up on the diet. I have started it several times since the birth of my son only to give up within 1-2 weeks. This time I have passed that point and don't want to give in now.
Sponsored Links