#7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 05:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/162/137 Female 5 foot 2inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Thank You for your help.

I am getting there slowly... I truly undrstand that this is a learning process in pre maintenance. Learning what you can and cant do for the rest of your life and I am trying to approach it constructively and methodically.

It helps that this week I did lose 1lb whilst eating at pre- maintenance levels - so i know that slowly but surely I will lose the last 10lbs. I guess my problem us trigger foods and fidning CCL. CCL level is a tough one beacuse it seems that all carbohydrates are not equal - and so its really more than that.

My Trigger foods :
- any fruit - even berries - strawberries etc - this one i have to work on somehow - as I dont want to give up fruit comepletely! I am going to try fruit in combination with other things, cream maybe or something high in fibre to see if that lessens the impact.

- I can only eat one slice of low carb bread at a time - this is not too bad - I got a little excited when i found low carb bread and started to use it as my staple which meant i was eating less veggies and protein.

On the plus side I have been able to eat a couple of roast potatoesand also sweet potatoes with no problem also carrot and parsnips. Veggies really are your best freinds - even for me the higher starch items!

I am going to be working on the fruit thing - then I am going to try some brown rice and maybe some lentils - which I have really missed. I have decided that pasta is going to be a never again food for me. Even before atkins I found I felt better when i didnt eat it and i dont miss it it.

ANyway thanks for listening to my thoughts and for the encouragement. For anyone else going thru this ; just hang in there , follow the program and listen to what your body is telling you about what you feed it.

CLaire

I have asked Santa to bring me Atkins for life as its not in my library and i cant really afford it - I hope he gets the not so subtle hint I gave him!!!

I have