Thread: Freaking Out!
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 16:15

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

If you are eating more carbs now, that could be your glycogen stores filling up again. A given amount of glycogen brings with it four times its weight in water. For your lean body mass, I will guess 300 grams glycogen plus 1200 grams water, which makes 1.5 kg, or 3.3# would be the difference between the fuel tank being totally full and totally empty. So it looks like you need not worry; it looks like you are on track.

I would look for more protein in your breakfast and late night snack. At your activity level an lean body mass The Zone would have you eating more protein, the equivalent of 14 oz of meat, glasses of milk, or eggs per day. It will help to slow the rise of glucose in your bloodstream. Both the programs I use, Schwarzbein and the Zone emphasize the importance of eating protein at the same time as eating carbohydrates. Though I am not much of a fan of manufactured foods, one way to increase protein intake is with protein powder. Also the protein will be used to repair and maintain muscle tissue, which by sticking around, will help you to burn calories.

Don't worry too much about leaving the LC regime. If you eat healthy carbs in moderate amounts, as you have been, you should be ok. Living in ways that keep insulin levels low will still bring you some of the benefits of LC.