#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: Mediterranean based
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 5'7"
BF:44/42/23
Progress: 23%
Default Freaking Out!

Freaking out as I have gained 3 lb. since quitting Induction and starting working out!!!!! Need advice and support!

With my last now in kindergarten, this is the time to finally lose the weight gained in 3 pregnancies (and to regain the fitness lost).

Went on Atkins, which I hated, and lost 10 lb. in the 2 week Induction Phase. I felt sick, shaky, greased out. After one week, I felt better, but ate very low cal because the idea of eating more eggs and meat made me feel nauseous.

So, I began exercising two weeks ago and altered my eating patterns to something that appeals and leaves me feeling good:

Power walk 3 x per week, half uphill, for 1 hour
3 strength training sessions per week
3x 1/2 hour stroll with dogs per week

I eat (while drinking vast quantities of water):
breakfast:
whole grain cereal breakfast, either 1/3 c. oatmeal or 1 muffet with plain yogurt, 1/3 c. tinned peaches and oranges, 1 t. flaxseed meal, 1/4 c. 1% milk
tea or coffee, no sugar, 1 T. creamo

snack:
2 oz. cheese
12 almonds

lunch
salad, 1 1/2 c.
1 T. dressing
1 ice cream scoop sized meat or tuna/salmon salad portion

snack:
mandarin orange
12 almonds

dinner:
salad 1 1/2 c.
1 T. dressing
1 serving meat/fish

snack:
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. tinned peaches and oranges

I am thinking of adding one 10 minute first thing in the weekday mornings exercise session (from the 10 Minute Solutions video...which contains five 10 minute sessions) plus a circuit session on Wednesday where I alternate strength training with exercise bike work.

Advice, support anyone?
Sponsored Links