Thread: New Jersey
View Single Post
  #31   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/134.8/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I've noticed the tags at A&P also. It can be confusing. For someone like my so that isn't really following a low-carb lifestyle, at least some of these "lower-carb" items are good substitutes for the regular product, like the lower-carb bread with 6-8 gms carb. per serving. I personally find that count too high and will stick with a much lower-carb product.

One thing that annoyed me recently was my own gulibility. I saw a yummy looking cookbook at the cash register, "low-carb recipies". Had a pic of a triple layer cheesecake on the cover. That was enough to get me to purchase. Triple layer cheesecake that is low-carb, really, how could I not want that recipe! So when I got home and was thumbing through I could not believe the ingredients. REGULAR chocolate chips, and another candy chip, and white flour. They did use splenda instead of sugar, but they still called for high sugar items. I realize that I can modify a recipe to make it lower carb, but I assumed that since the cookbook was advertised as "low-carb" that these adjustments would have been made. In the future I will stick to poking around online for recipes.
Sponsored Links