View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 08:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi! We had a lovely night out. After visiting 4 jewelry stores, we finally found the perfect anniversary ring at the 5th store. It's one of those three diamond ones (you know, past/present/future). Beautiful. Very simple setting. Not gawdy at all, like some of them are. Then we had a wonderful dinner with friends at a restaurant I'd never been to before. It was quite good, but a little pretentious, if you know what I mean. My dinner was a filet mignon (about 2 inches thick and about as big around as my palm), maybe 1/2 cup of swiss chard, and maybe 1/2 cup of garlic mashed potatoes. $29. That's pretty pricey, if you ask me. At least they didn't water down the alcohol!

For dessert I had a caramel ice cream with praline topping and bourbon glaze over the top. Way too sweet. I ate only about half of it.

Geez, it's been light around here the past few days. People must be getting busier as the holidays approach. I still can't get over Wendy. Something just sure clicked for her. I'm so happy for her, and a bit jealous, I have to admit. Wendy, your menu does look like a lot to eat, but if it's working, then it must be right. I know it's more than I'm eating these days, and I'm still stuck at 165. But, again, my clothes are getting looser, so maybe I'm in that "the fat in my fat cells is being replaced by water and soon they will release the water" phase.

Orang, I'll look at the pet store for those tablets. Narrowing it down to which animal it is will help. By the way, it happened again this morning. The dog was locked up with us all night (baby gate in front of doorway). I woke up at 4:30 and decided to let her out. While she was out, I checked all the usual places. Nothing. So she came in and I fed her. After that, I asked if she wanted to go out again, but instead she just climbed the stairs back to the bedroom. As far as I know, she was then with us until I got up again at 7:00 (I was more dozing than sleeping, and really think she was with us).

DH got up first at 7:00, and as he passed my side of the bed to go out of the bedroom, he nonchalantly said, "Be careful not to step on the dead mouse when you get up" and walked into the bathroom.

So he went down to make coffee and there was a puddle on the kitchen floor right in front of the dishwasher (no puddle there earlier). I just don't get it.