#15   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:22
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default Hi again Judyr !

It's a very good idea to make yourself a journal in the journal section of this forum. You can report your daily/weekly progress there, and also communicate with your journal visitors. Feel free to check out my journal, just follow the link · on the bottom of my posting. (you will also get a link like that when you've started one). I transfer the stats from FITDAY every day. When you copy it, it comes over like this:

Total: 1646Fat:127 1141 71% Sat:48 430 27% Poly:19 173 11% Mono:47 425 26%Carbs:40 86 5% Fiber:19 0 0%Protein:98 390 24%Alcohol:0 0 0%

So to clearify, I break it down to:

Total cals: 1646
Net carbs: 21 (5%) (carbs - fiber = net carbs)
Fat: 71%
Protein: 24%

Like that I'm keeping track of net carbs. If I lose or gain, I can always go back and check what I've eaten and what I did different etc. I've also started to write down my daily menue. My forum friends can check it out and come with suggestions how to do things better and support/cheer when I've done good. I don't know if this will work for you, but I find it extremely helpful. If I had tools like that when I did Atkins first time over 20 years ago, I might have kept my weight down.

Here is some info from the Atkins page re metabolical advantage :
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-316384.html
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/22-945076.html

The most important thing is that you find a way to do this that is right for you. If the whole fitday/journal thing stresses you out, then it might be better to keep it simple ! I didn't use Fitday or wrote my stats in my journal every day until the day I stalled. Then I suddenly needed stats in order for others to be able to help me out !

I wish you all the best, and hope that you find a way to do this that suits your needs. You can always count on somebody from this forum to help you if you need it !