View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/265.5/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 7%

Starting this thread was a great idea! I know it will help me to share the misery.. um challenges.. um...wonderful experiences we will all be going through. Seriously, I'm determined to have fun with this whole process while I succeed. I'm interested to hear what others are experiencing, especially people who started around the same time as me.

So far this has just been on huge learning experience for me. After years of trying every other diet imaginable, it's hard to get my brain to accept the things that I can now eat. I look at a hamburger and think, "no, I can't have that. Get it away." In the grocery store, I reach for yogurt and have to mentally slap myself. Okay, well maybe nothing quite that violent.

Next on my list is attacking the exercise thing. I've had a gym membership for over two years now. For the last 6 months or so I have used it a grand total of one time... and that was to shower and get ready to meet friends for a night out. I walked right past all the people sweating, said hello to the attendant, used the shower and dressing table facilities, and walked out again. Somehow I think there might be a better use for my membership. It does sound cool to say "my gym". Bet it would even be cooler if I remembered what it looked like inside. So Monday I will reacquaint myself with the business that has so readily taken my money for nothing for so long.

Beck