Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:21
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyr
Nille, am I suppose to eat more calories? Will this help me loss faster? I missed the part in the book that talks about eating enough calories. I'll go back and check it out.

Hi Judy,

There's nothing in the book about calories as such. It just says to eat until you are full but not stuffed. What the book does mention is that low carbing gives us a "metabolic advantage." That means that using fat rather than carbs as our basic fuel, automatically uses more calories. So eating 1200 cals, may mean you are really only giving your body about 1000. (I'm not sure exactly how many cals are used in this way, I'm saying 1000 as an example.)

But, this is not a low calorie "diet." In fact, many people here have found that their weight loss increases when they up their calories a little. Many of us suggest as a guideline that you eat around 10 to 12 times your weight (in pounds) in cals. Check this website for more info about calories: http://www.fitren.com/res3art.cfm?compid=18&artid=46
Remember though, this is just a guideline, it's not laid down in stone. I just want you to know that you will still lose, and may even lose better, if you eat a little more.

Cheers.

Rosebud