#6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 13:59
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi BFLers!

I always look forward to this weekly post. Arnie, it's great that you have a partner for BFL! I wish DH would join me. After reading your post yesterday, I thought "I'm going to do 3 circuits today". Well, I was geared up to do it, but ran out of steam. I'm still at 2 circuits. The leg raise still kills me. to you and your wife for doing 3 circuits.

Ladybelle, congrats on the loss of cellulite. I think I'd be happy at my current stats if I could just get rid of the cellulite on my thighs. It drives me nuts. I saw mention of skin brushing on this site. I'll have to revisit that thread.

Nitro, I never did the all out "free day" b/c it's enough of a challenge losing this weight. If we have something to go to, I'll have a "free meal" instead, but even they have been very scarce. The binger in me fears the "free day" concept. BTW, great job on sticking to your goals.

Titania, that really sucks about forgetting your tennis shoes. As for the "instant results", don't sweat it too much. It's taken me 10 weeks before I started to see results. I'd been so discouraged, but luckily I had BFL buddies that got me through that phase. If you can, focus on how strong you feel and make other workout-related goals for yourself. Ignore the scale and pants for awhile. Trust me, you'll see results if you put in the effort.

Well, I've just finished week 10 (still haven't missed a workout) and I'm finally starting to notice some changes. I don't know if it was a reduction in my carbs or BFL theory kicking in, but I'm slowly losing some weight on the scale. Better yet, when I plugged in my numbers on mybodycomposition.com, it shows that I've lost 6 lbs of fat in 10 weeks, but gained 3 lbs of muscle (for a net scale loss of 3 lbs overall). My BF is also down 4% since starting.

What I found interesting is that my upper body measurements have increased while my lower body measurements have decreased. For a pear shape, this can only be good news b/c it means I am becoming more proportional. I never thought I'd be able to sculpt my body like this. The site mentions that muscle indicators are the forearm, bicep, calf and shoulder measurements while fat indicators are the abs and hips. Before starting, my "muscle indicator" measurements were below normal, now they are pretty much normal.

I'm also fitting into my clothes better (did the pant tests today) and in the last week, I've been feeling better about my body when I look in the mirror. I'm going to take pictures tomorrow as well, just to complete the documentation before my final round at the end of C1.

Wanda