View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 09:49

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Speaking of hopping from topic to topic . . .

Remember that guy from work who had the gastric bypass surgery? He's now lost 115 pounds! Unfortunately, he also just lost his wife of 4 years. She's taken up with a guy where she works (married, 3 kids, wife 8 months pregnant). She's recently lost about 50 pounds on Atkins, and told my friend that they guys at work are really starting to take notice, and she just feels like maybe there's something better for her out there. A married man with 3 kids and 8-month pregnant wife is better for her????? Apparently the affair has been going on for months. Lots of "working late" and overnight "business trips."

They decided to seek counseling to try to save the marriage. At one of the first sessions, at the insistence of the counseler, she looked him in the eyes and said that she swore on the life of their child that she was no longer seeing this guy and would not see him again. Come to find out, she was still sleeping with him, and is to this day. How awful! She admits that she's "the crazy one," and that she just needs time to get over this. She says she'll probably "be back" this summer. She thinks he's going to put his life on hold so she can get a few flings out of her system? There are words for women like her.

He's going ahead with the divorce. Full speed ahead. Right now she's being very reasonable about splitting things up. They already found her an apartment (Monday) about a mile away from his house. The boyfriend has already spent the night. I told him to get the divorce over as quickly as possible before the boyfriend starts pressuring her to "take him for all he's worth."

She's the one who moved out, so there shouldn't be much of a problem. They've agreed to joint custody.

So he's telling me all this, matter-of-factly, and I'm standing there in his office bawling my eyes out! It was so awful, I hardly knew what to say.