View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 08:59
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I am not really sure what is going on with you Deana, it may be one of the things you mentioned, it may also be that you were ready to up your carbs.I know I started losing again when I moved into OWL after a stall at induction levels. the weight loss was slow, but still, it was going. How are you determining that you are or are not in ketosis? are you using the strips? I have heard that they go bad quickly and they are very tempramental things. The book says that if you are losing, you are in ketosis. I guage by my breath and weather I am losing. I don't use the sticks, also they become less acurate as you increase your carb level. Another thing I noticed is that my body will sit at a weight that it had been at previously longer than any other weight. I will lose 2 or 3 pounds a week consistently then hit a weight I was at for a long time and slow waayyyy down. I dont know if this is a factor for you or not. Have you changed your sodium intake recently? how is water intake?
Your body could also just be taking a break from losing to catch up with itself, were you still losing inches when you didnt lose weight? are you excercising.
Yep it can make you crazy, but I just think what is working for me now is what I am going to do right now!!!