View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 05:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Today I want to stop and reflect on how far I have come in the last 19+ weeks. I started measuring 19 weeks ago (weighing came later, but I do it daily now). I'm a bit nervous to post my starting measurements, but I think it is important to show how far I've come, especially to myself, so that I never let myself revert back to my old self.

So here are my starting measurements/current measurements/total inches lost:

Above chest: 36.5/34/2.5" lost
Chest: 41.5/38.25/3.25" lost
Below chest: 35.5/33/2.5" lost
Waist: 34/30/4" lost
Lovehandles: 38.5/35/3.5" lost
Hips: 41.5/38/3.5" lost
Thigh: 23.75/22/1.75" lost
Upper Arm: 13.5/12/1.5" lost

Wow, that's a total of 22.5 inches lost! And that's only counting one of my arms and legs It's so hard to see the results on a week by week basis, but this really shows how far I've come. I am at my initial measurement goals for every body part except that I am currently hoping to lose an additional 0.25" from my chest, 2" from my waist, and 3" from my lovehandles.

I've also tracked body fat using the PP formula. In the same 19 weeks (just under 5 months), my body fat has gone from ~32.5% to ~25%, for a loss of ~7.5%. According to the PP ideal weight calculations, my ideal weight is 142-154, and I am comfortably in that range. Yesterday I upped my calories to my next level, 1300 (and ate 62g carbs), and was up 0.5 lbs today, which I expected. I was at 151.5, which is comfortably in the ideal range, although my ultimate goal is to get to 145.

I feel so in control of things right now, so motivated, so encouraged to keep monitoring how I am doing and not let myself down. You guys have been such an integral part of my success. I don't know what I would have done without you. I started out just hoping that I would stop bingeing, and I did. Then I started to measure myself. Then I got over the phobia of the scale. These have been major issues in my life, and I have conquered them all b/c of you wonderful, compassionate people.

Almost on a daily basis people are now commenting on my loss, which is finally becoming evident to them, which is the best feeling in the world. I have already given away some clothes that were just too big b/c I don't want to keep them as a crutch "just in case." There's not a single pair of pants or shorts I own anymore that are too tight, and I am wearing things I haven't worn since I started college. Yesterday I retried on a bunch of other clothes and there's even more that look ridiculous right now, and I plan to go shopping today. I haven't been shopping in a couple months and I think it's time to reward myself and truly acknowledge the progress I've made. It's so nice to concretely see the results of your hard work. And, like I said, I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me, which each of you have in your own way. I hope that my excitement will refuel the drive inside of you to succeed if you have been frustrated lately. As Renee has said so many times before....it's not what you do one day that counts, it's what you do over the long-haul. I've had minor slip-ups, but overall, I've been true and am on a path for what works for me, which I didn't think would ever happen. Spending 2 years on Atkins with ZERO progress had me very down last spring, but I finally get it. It's now my turn!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!