View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 15:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Talking More of the same for Future RD

I have been doing LC WOE for 1 year and 7 months maintaining my weight after the weight loss. My lipid levels that I mentioned were checked 1 year after I started. All during this first year I did not excersize at any level different than before the diet - actually less. The 3.5 month I referred to was the induction period during which I lost my weight to reach my current target. I went directly from Induction to Maintenance - unable to do OWL. I stay very close to induction with my metabolism. After the first year I increased my excersize but still maintain at the same weight. I have found through the years that I can not lose any significant weight with excersize that I can fit into my lifestyle. My weight loss success came strictly from LC eating and it was dramatic. I lost 18 lbs in the first month.

Again the lipid readings were after 1 year - 3.5 months induction and 8.5 months maintenance. They agreed with the findings of all the recent LC studies.

I was trained as a scientist and am analytical. To me this was a science experiment. I did not consult my Doctor. I did it cold turkey with induction. After a couple days I started losing - in the first month sometimes I lost 2 lbs a day in successive days. It was truly amazing. Nobody could tell me this LC WOE does not work to lose weight. I had to gather my pants around my back. I went from 38 waist to 34.

I have a friend who is doing the same thing - he is diabetic. Not only have his lipids improved but he is off insulin.

Good luck on your research!