View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 09:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/178.4/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement. I was really down in the dumps today (yet I should be rejoicing - I think Induction is working for me, and the scales proves it). You are right. But, I can't help wonder if Day 10 is the "day of dispare" everyone faces?

Sara, you are right, I do live in a wonderful place. Problem with Belgium is they are fantastic cooks and real gourmands. They pride themselves on their chocolate, beer and french fries.

I have a challenge on 6 December - dinner at a friend's place. I don't know them well enough to say "hey, no high-carb stuff please!", so I'm going to have to wing it. Normally we have people to our place (this way I can control the menu).

A neighbour asked if I lost weight! Apparently my face is thinner. Great, I want to lose it from my hips and a$$ and it goes from my face!!!

I looked into getting Splenda shipped. No can do, not to Belgium (someone said it hasn't been approved here, and people won't ship it as a result...). I will just have to go without. I think aspertame stalls me. I had some sf jello last weekend, and just stalled for two days.

But, I don't think I'm addicted to sugar. I'd just managed to get myself into a vicious cycle of eating lots of the wrong foods, trying to "keep up" with the fast-eater I live with (I'm very competitive - weird, eh?) so having too much, and ended up letting treats become the norm and not just for special occasions. I think Atkins can help me with that. I think it has.

Only 4 days (well, 3.5, I am 6 hours ahead) until a 1/2 bowl of strawberries. Day after, 1/4 bowl raspberries. Can't wait! And thanks for your encouragement. Really. It's helped.