View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 03:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/178.4/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Doing well, but thinking of giving up...

I think I'm doing very well right now on Atkins - absolutely no cheating. I'm in Induction still, and I'm on Day 10. I'm quite satisfied with the pounds I've already lost.

I should be really happy things are going so well, but actually I'm feeling just the opposite. I don't know if I can continue. I can't find any of the "approved" artificial sweeteners here, so it's sugar, aspartame, or nothing. And, in future, from time to time I'd like to have a dessert as a treat. So, I keep thinking "what harm would a teaspoon of sugar do?" That's got to be the kiss of death for this diet...

I realise this is a way of life, but can't help but wonder how to continue for the rest of my life with limited fruit, little or no oj, and without a slice of bread once in a while. This is depressing to me, especially because I have a small farm with a fruit orchard (apples, pears, cherries, plums, blueberries, kiwis). I like having fresh fruit, and making a variety of things with the excess produce.

Are there people out there who do add back the "banished" list foods, in moderation, once they are in Lifetime Mainenance? Can I eat my fruits without ballooning, after I get to my goal weight?

So I'm having doubts. Is this normal at this stage? Is this just a phase? What can I do to get through the next 4 days?!
Sponsored Links