#11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hello everyone,
Did anyone else have a wild day weather-wise? We had 60 mph winds and snow squalls. At one point in time, all roads in the county were closed due to poor visibility. All rural schools closed. Fortunately we didn't lose power. My husband didn't come home at noon and didn't know if he would make it tonight. Hopefully he will because it's not nearly as bad as it was, although still very windy. It was a good thing I didn't have to go out today.
Wendy, so glad the procedure yesterday wasn't too bad. And congrats on more weight loss. And I can surely relate to your situation with your grandma. My mother had Alzheimers and it is such a terrible disease. You watch them go inch by inch. And it's so sad when they don't have a clue who you are. Mom was a high school teacher and very particular about how she dressed. And to see her with spills all down her clothes or her dress backwards was enough to break my heart. I didn't visit her all that much towards the end as she didn't know who I was and wouldn't remember for 5 min. that I had been to visit. At the same time my husband was dying in the hospital and I could accomplish something by visiting him. I tried not to feel TOO guilty about not visiting Mom that often.
Had an e-mail tonight from new daughter-in-law. Both she and DS are now on Atkins. Just a few days ago she said she could never do LC as she loves her carbs too much. She said Steve loves it as he's very fond of meat and eggs. And he's the type of person who would likely do very well on it too--young active male. Some things in life just aren't fair!
Elaine, thanks for sending that site for Mastercook. I ordered it. I figured I probably wouldn't be able to as a lot of those offers are for the U.S. only, but had no problem getting an order to Canada. It's something I've been meaning to get for some time.
Hope I sleep better tonight. The wind kept me awake last night making our 40 year old windows rattle.
Marjorie