View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/140/110 Female 5.6 inches
BF:
Progress:

HOLA Becky160...I read the whole thread and let me tell you that I paid for a year on a low carb site and NEVER got the kind of service and advise you posted her.

After giving birth to my child, (before I got pregnant my weight was 125#) anyway, after delivery my weight was 160#...food really tasted good then!!!.

The day my baby was born I took my jeans to the hospital and two days later, went back home wearing my maternity dress. I looked as if I hadn't had the baby. The look at my friends, when they came to meet Franz...That's when I started doing the Atkins Diet and went all the way down to 110#. Looking and feeling better than ever.

That was back in 1995...I kept eating the Atkin's way...and had no problem with my weight for years, until about 18 months ago I quitted smoking and started gaining wait ( I thought it was the hand to mouth habit).

I gained and gained till I reach 140#. Every friend and family member told me that Atkins Diet had messed up my metabolism and that was the reason why I could not loose weight on ANY diet...not even the FAT FAST.

On may, 2003 I went to my OB-GYN and he couldn't believe his eyes. After I told him everything he needed to know, he smiled and told me not to worry, that he was almost sure it was not the diet, it was something else.

My ultrasound showed many cysts on my ovaries and after blood tests I was oficially diagnosed with PCOS.

I came back home..feeling better...at least my problem had a name.

Anyway, my doctor advised me to stay on the low-carb program since I was insulin resistant.

I haven't been able to loose weight...checking the stall info and I find you here. Well my amiga...I went to fit day and wrote what I used to eat back then, when i lost my pregnancy weight and it turns out that the percentages match yours to the T.

I'll try to follow your advice, and I'll post here if I get any progress.

Muchas Gracias Tía!