#5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Age-Defying
Stats: 170/169/140 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hey, MsSammy -

I'm not doing classic Atkins. Induction almost killed me; I could barely get out of bed, much less to the gym. Plus, I spent three weeks throwing major PVCs, not something I want to do ever again.
So, I decided to, essentially, return to the way of eating I was following a few years ago after I read Atkins Anti-Aging book. Essentially, if it's white, I skip it - no pasta, beer, rice, sugar, chocolate, etc, etc, etc. Also, if I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it, so not frankenfoods.
Instead, lots of protien and vegs, some fruit and whole grains. The food in our diet is not bad; we're both foodies and understand nutrition pretty well. Cripes, I can't remember the last time I ate either fast or processed food. (I'm a true food snob.)
Okay, so Atkins disciples may be furious with me, but I feel a helluva lot better. AND NO PVC's!!

About four years ago, when living in North Carolina, I hired a personal trainer for a few sessions as a birthday gift to myself. He looked over my day-to-day eating habits and was pretty satisfied. His only suggestion was to cut the fat out completely. Well, I'm willing to sacrifice, but also know that I could be hit by a bus tomorrow, so I may as well enjoy olive oil while I can!

That calorie concept is interesting and something that I've heard before - and flies in the face of what's being published on tens and tens of websites.