View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 16:51

Plan: The Formula 40-30-30
Stats: 133/128.5/102 Female 5' 0
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Can I join?

Hi, I could really use a challenge and support team as well. I am 36 (UGH!) and have 2 kids. My kids ages are 6.5 (boy) and a 4 yr. old DD. She is not too darling. Boys always love their mommies and are pretty go with the flow. Girls whine! GRRR! Anyway, I live in NY and I am a SAHM. After giving birth to my DD, I weighed a whopping 161 lbs. For a 5'0" this made me look like a perfect circle. I went on Protein Power and it took a little bit of weight off. Then I knew that if I had a more structured plan that I might lose wt. even better. I was on the Formula 40-30-30 plan. It was great and I dropped 28 lbs. I felt great. Then I felt carb deprived and wanted an easy way out plan. I joined WW. I did great when I first joined I lost close to 20 lbs. So everytime a person told me that I was so skinny, that I would allow myself to eat something naughty. As I ate more carbs, I gained and gained. By now, I was addicted. I even had to pay for the journal and the support while counting pain in the neck pts.

Everyone has been raving about Atkins lately and I remembered my 40-30-30 plan. I went back on it and immediately lost 2 lbs. YEAH! I feel great. Of course, the first 2 days, I was ready to eat the wallpaper for carbs. I feel full and so, smaller portions feel better and I have a more stabilized blood sugar. It is good for this mom who has 2 active kids.

I need to lose 10 lbs. by Dec. 13th. I have a special event and I refuse to buy a big size outfit and look round. I could use a lot of support and encouragemen. I hope that I can provide some too. By the way, tomorrow I am restarting my Tae Bo 3x/wk or doing my Gilad weight resistance tapes.

I hope to get to know everyone and we can have some fun!

Donna