View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/160.5/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi PCS,

I'm relatively new to the site, but before I moved to KY (and gained way to much weight) 4 yrs ago, I was a trainer in Dallas for 10 years. It sounds like you are not consuming enough calories. Your basal metabolic rate (which is the amount of calories your body needs just to survive...breath, heart beat, brain function, etc) is just a smudge over 1600. When you consume only that amount and then exercise very intensely like you are doing, your body will resist weight loss.

Please understand that because I have not met you and have not fully evaluated your situation, anything that I suggest is based on the information that you provided in your post. It does sound like you are not eating enough calories. It sounds very strange to say that considering all the "popular knowledge" about calories in / calories out theories, but the way low carb eating works with the body does not follow the "accepted science". You can find out lots of interesting ideas that have been posted in the Media watch section.

Look into this and if you have any questions, you can do searches on basal metabolic rate calculators to get more accurate information. Good luck on your journey!