View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 05:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Grady-I had forgotten about the whole transition to maintennance at 5% from goal, b/c I never thought I would ever be there. But using 145 as my goal, I am within that range right now, which is really scary. I guess I sort of am doing that transition right now, seeing how much I can up things without gaining, but after Thanksgiving, I think I am going to do another two weeks of trying to lose again, and dip back down on the calories. It sounds like this whole lower calorie thing has been working better for you as well. Isn't it amazing how you can be content on that few calories? I never thought it was possible, but the key seems to be the adequate protein.

Renee-Great news about the MRI! I am so happy for you. It's amazing how connected I feel to you and the other people here, and we've never even met. I get awfully scared for you, and it just doesn't get any better than news like that

Elaine-Hang in there with the current frustrations. People don't just lie and tell you you look thinner, so they must be seeing something that you've not yet noticed

Ellie-Hope you feel better!

Marjorie-Congrats on all your hard work and success. I agree that I don't really have much desire to reincorporate bread items at this point in my journey. I also eat fruit once or twice per day now, and I've had to become more creative now without all the juicy berries. I will often eat half a small apple or half an orange or a plum. I haven't had any problems with these.

Robin-This WOE definitely helps calm/eliminate most digestive disorders. It's one of the greatest side effects!

Someone asked what I eat in a protein day (oops I forget who and don't want to go digging), so here goes....Basically I just consume ~9-10 servings that are mostly lean protein, spaced at least an hour apart during the day. Some options for a serving include:
-1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese
-1/2 c. lowfat yogurt with a couple slices turkey
-1 HB egg + 1 HB white
-2 oz turkey or roast beef lunchmeat wrapped around a light string cheese stick
-3 oz bagged tuna/salmon + 2 T. lowfat yogurt
-3 oz lean ground beef
I always make several of my mini-meals cottage cheese or yogurt-based, to make sure that I get at least 20g carbs. I try to shoot for higher, otherwise I don't feel too well. I hope this helps!