View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 20:38

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%
Default People's reactions to Atkins!

Hi. I don't tell anyone that I am on Atkins. Everyone still thinks I'm on BFL. LOL My mother is on BFL. I told her about it about 6 months ago and she has been on it and doing okay. I mentioned to her prior to myself starting Atkins that I was embarking on a new way of eating and I wanted to give it two weeks and if all went well re weight loss, my diabetes etc, I would tell her about it. She hounded me for days to tell her. So I did and guess how she reacted??? She was SPEECHLESS and then really didn't know what to say! LOL I told her all about it and all the positives and she was sooooo quiet. I really thought my own mother would have been happy for me. Well I haven't told her how I am going and probably won't for a few more weeks. I am losing, feel more energy than I had on BFL, my diabetes is great. I test my blood sugar 3x daily and it is between 5 and 6 on my glucose metre whereas on BFL it was between 7 and 12 so there is evidence there that eating high fat and low carbs is better for me than high carbs, low fat! Has anyone else told family or friends what they are doing? And if so, what types of reactions did you get?
Sponsored Links