Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Yep. I did. Did you ever try making the recipe in the original Atkins book for rolls? Tasted exactly like ground glass

No I never tried any of the recipes, in those days I was so young and my shopping consisted of a few pounds of hamburger meat, some sardines, tuna, mayo, and egg, with some salad ingredients. I tell ya it broke my heart to have to give up ketchup and miracle whip. As an Atkins Pioneer I'm sure you know there were virtually no low carb substitutes available in those days so the menu's had to be really basic and simple.

My Mother and quite a few of her freinds lost a lot doing Atkins the tough way (no such thing as low carb bread or pancakes) and I lost too - even though as I said I wasn't at that time actually overweight - the problem was I got caught up in the misunderstanding over the water gain the minute carbs are re-introduced into the diet and came to believe I could never eat carbs without gaining weight. I see this as a really common misunderstanding that can be dangerous, because obviously people freak out when they eat more carbs and see a 4-5lb increase in weight, they start to think that they'll gain this much every time they eat that many carbs. I hope that more people who have had success on Atkins or other low carb plans will post about the initial water gain when re-introducing carbs and stress that this is to be expected and you will not gain 5 pounds a day.

And yay for all the new low carb products available !!!!!!!!!