View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 16:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I think for me the reluctance to do anything went back to hating beind different. My mom, with the best of intentions, tried to put me on weight watchers when I was in junior high. It was a terrible time, eating different stuff at the table than my brothers, coming to school with tuna fish sandwiches, and going to the meetings. I hated it. I still can't abide the smell of tuna.

Marchstart's comments about high school sure resonate with me. I didn't have a horrible high school experience, but I didn't have a great one. I was a fat kid that lots of people liked but that no girls dated; that played football because big kids played football; that was enough of an athlete that I could outlift skinny kids, and sometimes outrun them.

Still, that's what I'd change, given the chance--I'd go back and shake myself out of the funk in my 20's, instead of my late 30's. Low carb has been great, almost a miracle for me, since it removes many of the things I hate about dieting.

But mainly it's been about me being ready to turn the corner and start living a good life instead of a passable one.

I'l never portray myself as a victim though. I'm my own boss, and I did this. I damn well will fix it, too. I just wish I hadn't waited so long.