View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:38

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Hard topic

I got the "clean your plate, young lady" line from a very early age. I attribute my inability to feel full to that; blew right past my own sensors. However, today I do know that carbs played a role--as long as that insulin's pouring out, I CAN'T feel full. Expect that I probably had a "normal" carb mechanism early on; sounds like your daughter's already crossed the line. She may not "feel full" if her blood sugar's plunging in response to an insulin rush.

I don't have children; can't say much more than that. One of my nieces is MASSIVELY over-reactive; something's going on in her 3-yo head. I wonder if it's diet-related although in my brief exposure to her, I can't see it.

For me, life might have been different if I had been able to / encouraged to feel real feelings. It was pretty clear that some / most / all emotional states were forbidden; I figured out that food would keep them locked up. I am grateful today that food worked for me; other kids in similar situations blew right on past doughnuts and went straight to alcohol and heroin.

Good luck.