View Single Post
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Stacy there are recipes in the recipe section for cabbage rolls. I just used ground beef and didn't add rice, low carb bread or porkrinds. In my ground beef I put garlic ,salt ,pepper, worstershire sause a few drops,a couple of raw eggs and mix well. They turned out great. The trick to cabbage rolls is to get the leaves of cabbage off the head. The best method that workd for me is to put the cabbage in a big pot of water and cook the cabbage until the top leaves start coming off or get softened. Take cabbage out of water (I use a big meat carving fork and just stick it down throuigh the core of the cabbage) Cut around core and Peel off leaves until you can't anymore and just stick the head of cabbage back in boiling water and cook some more.
When you roll the cabbage, slice off the tough part at the top and put meat onto cabbage, stick the sides of the leave in and roll, secure with toothpick. Put the rolls in pot or roaster put some water in it top with crushed tomatoes and some onions. Bake on low (300) for about 4 hours--this helps soften the cabbage. Remember to warn family of the toothpicks.
Check the recipe section for additional methods.
angie