Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:32
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziesgirl
I agree with you that there is money being put under the nose of researchers in order for results to be skewed.

I never argued that, I am arguing how your studies could be accurate. For you and your peace of mind, yes but nothing more.

You cannot claim that your studies are not biased because you are the one conducting them are you not? I am not saying you would intentionally skew the results but sometimes we perpetuate bias and not even realize it.

according to "studies" "about studies" (LOL), there is always some sort of bias, as we human beings are not perfect. but this is not why i don't trust them. i refer to the DELIBERATE bias - that which gives the "study" a predetermined outcome. i consider it to be a fraudulent type of advertising.

my goal was simply to make my body as healthy as possible. so while i may have had some natural bias, i was quite open-minded, since i had nothing to prove, nor nothing to sell. i learned the hard way that we do have essential fats, and even though at the time i had a horrible bias against fat, it did not deter me in the least from adding lots of essential fats to my diet, because through my studies, it showed every time that they were needed in our diets. in other words, essential fats always helped people, which also told me that on the average, most people are very deficient in them. for if they were not deficient, not much would be gained from taking them - since they would already have plenty.