View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:49
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Kyrasdad, man you are telling my story for the most part, so I know how you feel.

----------------------------------------------
you know that overpowering desire...it's gone. I don't look at food that way anymore. It has no more power over me.
----------------------------------------------
I think just like you do but my insatiable appetite is gone because of the Adkins WOE. If I had some candy bars, fries, and a shake today, I would change my mind just like that. Like a drug addict, I would rationalize how I could have just a few chips and only one pop and on and on. I would be in a fog and I wouldn't care anymore.

I accept the fact that like poison, I will never knowingly eat garbage again. I can't. Just like you I have had a turning point in my life too. I'm sick and tired of being so heavy. I want to be healthy so I can be a good father, husband, brother, and son.

We just went picking pumpkins with our kids and I made everyone walk the entire pumpkin patch to find the right pumpkins. It felt great, like if I said the definition of freedom is: Walking through a pumpkin patch.