Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 11:10
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I checked out the lean cuisine frozen dinners...and most of them are PACKED with carbs!!! Which ones do you eat? There may be a kind I missed, but the ones I saw were in the 80-100 or MORE gram range...

Potatoe Free Which ones did you check? I just stocked up on Lean Cuisines on sale and the ones I got are between 20-35 carbs which would be high for anyone doing Atkins - but pretty good for someone trying to lower calories and carbs. The Chicken in Wine Sauce is 20 carbs and 172 calories, the chicken and vegetables is 34 carbs and 274 calories - . I realize that frozen dinners are not the best choice but they work for me because the portions are controlled and I'm too tired after already cooking one thing for my husband another for my son to do something else for myself - sometimes I add an extra veggie to the lean cuisine. They are also surprisingly filling (and actually pretty tasty).

uscslug - if you upped your carbs from what you were eating over the summer the 5 lbs could be water gain - especially with all that cheese which also has a lot of salt.

Edit - I should state that I don't eat them every night if what I'm making for one of the others is something I like that is low in carbs and calories I'll have some of that and sometimes I make large batches of low carb/calorie soups etc and I unfreeze some of that.