Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 10:43

Plan: Atkins May 10 2003
Stats: 135/120/120 Female 5 Feet 5 Inchs
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi CalicoCat...

The last time I bought the pork rinds,
they were in one of the aisles on your left,
as you walk in by the front door......I had to really look because the BBQ ones where everywhere but not the plain....Finally I found them way on the top shelve...The sales clerk told me she didn't even know they were there....

Here is one of the recipes I make with them....

Southern Fried Chicken

Please make sure your oil is HOT before putting the chicken in the pan otherwise the coating will stick to the bottom of the pan!

4 fryer chickens
3-4 cups pork rind flour mixed with parm. cheese
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder or garlic salt (your preference, I find the pork rind flour provides plenty of salt)

blend well in baggy

Wash chicken(don't dry), put in baggy (gal size) and shake until well coated. Cook in peanut oil (enough to cover 1/2 of chicken pieces in pan) on medium heat, turning to evenly brown. Cover and cook 1/2 hour. Put in roaster with lid and cook in oven at 325 degrees for one hour.

(In other words,after you've browned it on all sides in the fry pan (BTW, I use cast iron, famous for making the best SFC) cover and cook for 1/2 hour and THEN put in the oven and cover for 1 hour.)

This is an incredibly moist and sweet chicken!

Another idea is to coat the chicken in mustard before coating them with the p-cheese and p-rinds....I haven't tried this yet but I will.....

Let me know if you find them.....

Julie