View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:13

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hmm, you're not really "fat" by your stats. And I do think it would be a great idea for all us of to quit hating our bodies, to accept whatever Mother Nature gave us, as you say (but with cheerfulness and gratitude, which I don't think your post implied). For some rare women, that will be a size 5 body, but for the vast majority of us, it will not. I hate seeing women who have lost 80 pounds and are now a healthy size 16 "giving up" because they don't look like Gwenyth Paltrow.

Can you learn to love your body and self, no matter what the scale says? throw it out, if you must, and focus on what is wonderful, special, and valuable about you. Keep eating healthily and you will balance out to the size and shape you were meant to be. This is the maintenance mindset, the WOL mindset...you eat as an act of self-care, you get some healthy exercise (not go overboard!) as an act of self-care, and you also view yourself as wonderful also as an act of self-care.

For a lot of people it helps to quit watching TV, buying fashion magazines, etc...the models are far too thin, set an urealistic standard, and keep us unhappy, miserable, and buying products that will never make us look like them anyway. Take those same hours and spend time with kids, work in the garden, build something, learn something, accomplish something. What we can DO is much more important than how we look.