View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-01, 15:14
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool yummm... what time should I be there?

hi Sharon,

I love stir-fried anything; have it often. You may choose to use a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but what I usually do is simply push the food to the sides of the wok (or remove it completely if you have a large amount) and then crank the heat up and let it boil down to half the volume (and twice the flavour .. )

- marinated chicken wings might be a good happy-tizer too, and you can prepare well in advance and just reheat. My all-purpose marinade (sorry, no measurements, I just dump and pour till it looks and tastes right, gee, I'm so helpful)..... anyway - equal amount tamari soy sauce and dry sherrry, a dribble or two of dark sesame oil, Chinese 5-spice powder, garlic powder and Splenda or preferably brown SugarTwin. Don't go overboard with the sweetener, you just want to balance the sherry & garlic. Get rid of the wing tips, then marinate the chicken in the fridge at least 4 hrs or overnight, turning once in a while. Bake at 400, for about 30 - 40 min., brushing with marinade and pan juices. These babies are good cold too...... addictive.

- for dessert, how about an Almond Custard? Find a lowcarb baked custard recipe that you like, bake in individual custard cups. Use almond extract instead of vanilla. Serve well-chilled with a small dollop (or piped) UNsweetened whipped cream, and sprinkle with toasted sliced or slivered almonds. For a single carb gram, you could also top with a finely minced 1/2-inch cube of glazed candied ginger.

Doreen

[Edited by doreen T on 26-01-01 at 16:36]