View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:09

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

One thing that I knew before beginning this WOE was that I need meat. Whenever I attempted to eat "healthy", I would cut down on my meat. By the end of the week I was dying for a piece of red meat. Meat attracted me to this woe. I was manifesting definite symptoms of hypoglycemia so it was obvious that carbs were not good for me. I could succeed easier on a diet that encouraged me to eat meats and fats. Then I read of all of the wonderful veggies that I could eat. My favorites from my childhood.! Except for my dad's fresh, outta the garden sweet corn, I can eat the stuff I grew up with. For the most part, I am eating foods that I ate when I was a child. We were not a dessert eating family. Breads and cookies were rarely eaten. Also, I was skinny and my appetite was very limited.

Now I have put on 38 lbs since my last baby who is now15 years old. Since being on Atkins I have lost 26 lbs. It is alot easier to say "no" to carbs than it is to say "no" to animal protein. I've gone down from an 11 to a size 8. It has been a slow but progressive loss and I have not looked back.