#6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi all,
Renee, so great that you were able to be out hiking yesterday. It was a lovely day here, although cold. Today is sunny too, although it sounds like this will be the last day of the sunshine. And I will be praying about the loose tissue issue (sheesh, what a rhyme!)
I don't have a lot of time as it's almost time to start preparing dinner. I just wanted to report that I have now lost 50 lb. Stepped on the scale yesterday and saw the magic 136 lb. Didn't believe it. Got back off, checked that the needle was on zero and tried again. So you can bet I was doing a happy dance in the bathroom.
That brings me to my question of the day. I have decided that when I'm down to only 10 lb above goal (which is just a pound from now) I am going to increase my carbs to transition level (ie 55 gm.). Now I've gone through both PP and PPLP and cannot find where they say how to do this. I assume it should be done gradually, not in one jump. I think I'm around 40 gm./day currently although I don't really keep track, but I'd think that would be fairly close. The only thing I measure right now is fruit. So would you think increasing them 5 gm/day for a week and then increasing them another 5 gm/day like we did on Atkins to increase our carb level would be the way to go? Someone on PP on another LC board I'm on asked this same question a couple of weeks ago. Except the other board is almost entirely Atkins people so no one really had an accurate answer.
Wendy, I've found that the last couple of months on LC, I NEED less sleep. This morning I think I was wide awake an hour before the alarm went off at 5:30. Probably got to sleep around 10:30. This is weird for me as I normally need a fair bit of sleep to feel well and today I feel great.
Anyway gotta run and get some food together.
Marjorie