View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 21:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Nawchem-

I am a FIRM believer in the cooking bag -- LOVE IT! When you try to lift your turkey it will fall apart. It may turn out to be a funny looking lump of meat and bones but MAN! It will be the best turkey you ever tasted! Another nice thing is the cooking time is reduced and you don't have to worry about basting.

For my all-purpose turkeys I use about 2 sticks of butter and rub the bird down with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. It's good, easy and very traditional tasting. I have in the past tried different flavors. Once I did a soy sauce turkey that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I don't have the recipe anymore but perhaps I'll search the net for it and share (with link provided!). A little Dijon mustard can be tasty rubbed on it and of course, minced garlic is tasty ANYWHERE (especially with butter!). You can marinade your turkey by sticking it an extra cooking bag the night before with whatever sauce you want to use. I'm currently into Drew's 10 minute marinades so that's an option. I'm not sure how I'll do mine this year and I always like to try new things. Anyone else have some turkey secrets they would like to share?

The only LC bread I've tried it Natural Ovens. It's good but REALLY grainy so I'm not sure how it would be as a stuffing. Brownberry makes one too but I have not tried it yet -- Anyone have a review on the "stuffing-ability" of the Brownberry? I'm currently looking into a few LC bread recipes too (EASY and no bread machine required type) -- I'll sample and let you know if I come up with anything decent.