View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Hi welcome...glad you're having so much success....feels good doesn't it??

My teaching connection on the forum is I date a High School teacher who also low carbs. (I had to listen to the sad count down this past weekend about school starting tomorrow!!)

Every night I send him home with a care package for the next day. Like you he takes eggs, sausages, low-carb muffins, cheese sticks, celery sticks, low-carb sugar free-peanut butter and jam sandwiches, or even a tuna sandwich for breakfast. I enjoy baking as well, so he sometimes lucks out with something "low-carb sweet" as well. He's lucky that he can buy a cobb salad or something like that for lunch every day very reasonably priced.

I agree you're probably eating more healthy now that before. I wouldn't be overly concerned about taking the weight off at a fast pace. I always remind myself it didn't arrive overnight and it isn't going to leave overnight as well. I've always believe that losing weight slowly is probably the healthiest and safest way to go no matter how you're doing it.

For me, I love to knit, so during the winter when I'm watching t.v. I keep my hands busy. There's no way you can eat and knit at the same time. The T.V. does tend to push us to think about food!!

How many grades do you teach in your rural school? When I was a kid (a million moons ago), I attended a one room rural school. None left around here now that I know about. Lots of memories there.

Good luck with your lowcarbing....and with your new school year.

Sharon