View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 13:02
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Thank you again everyone. I showed your responses to my husband (the ones from the men anyway, sorry ladies) and they seemed to help. He read your comments, was thoughtful for a moment, then nodded and said, "Okay, but I'm still not going to read the book." I noticed him re-reading them later, too. I think it's helpful for him to see other guys in the same boat taking action, because his overweight friends just complain about it without doing anything. (I did that for a long time too, so I understand.)

This is his 5th day on Induction and he's doing very well. I have been surprised by how fast he's reduced his soda consumption. He gets it free at work and used to buy a 2 liter every night, too. He stopped buying it for home and started subbing some glassess of water for cans of Diet Coke at work. Yesterday he only had 2 cans! (Meanwhile I'm packing away the coffee and feeling like a poor role model. I switched to half regular, half decaf today.)

He complains a lot about the food he can't eat, but that's normal. I don't think he's cheated because he seems very serious about getting this right. He told me that he got a sandwich at work the other day, threw out the bread and ate the rest, then was worried that he'd eaten something bad because there were pepperchinis on it. When he asked me I said, "I don't know if that's okay or not. They're a vegetable, but if they're pickled in sugar that's bad." He said that he'd look at the label of a can we have at home to be sure.

He has not weighed himself, but it just so happens that he went to the doctor last week for the first time in ages (his Asthma flared up) and they weighed him there. He didn't look and told the nurse he didn't want to know, BUT they have a record of it. So in a few months when he's ready to know how far he's come, he can always ask them what he used to weigh.

Thank you all again -- men and ladies alike -- for your suggestions for him and support of me. I really appreciate it.