Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 12:55
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins4myW
I've done lots of research on the BFL eating plan and found that Bill Phillips in a series of articles in Muscle Media said he had altered his personal BFL eating plan to follow the ABCDE developers program of calorie/protein cycling for better muscle quality growth and was feeling stronger then ever.
That brings up an interesting question, because Bill Phillips does it, does that mean it's BFL? I don't think so. I think Bill wrote BFL for beginers, I wouldn't expect that he would be doing this himself for the rest of his life.

BTW, I haven't read anything about what Bill himself actually does for a workout or nutrition plan. But if you find anything more about this please let us know. It would certainly be an interesting read.

Quote:
As a carboholic I need the appetite and craving control the Atkins deep ketosis gives me. Do ya'll get the craving and appetite suppression on your BFL eating plan or do you have to control it yourself with will power? How do you control yourself on that cheat day? I don't think I could do that and return to plan the next day.

This is something I've been battling with. Since upping my carbs, I've been hungrier. I've just been dealing with it with mental tactics. Being able to eat frequently helps a lot. But I think that this is something that everyone on Atkins has to face at sometime. I don't think the good Dr. A. intended us to stay at induction levels for ever. I also try to stay away from foods that cause cravings.

For me, cheat days are days that I don't worry about 6 meals a day, and I allow myself some snack like an advantage bar or Pork Rinds. But I still stay on Atkins' on cheat days.
Quote:
I don't know if it will matter but I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism too so the added protein maybe a problem there too, but my doctor said it was a life style decision and he would adjust my meds to fit my lifestyle.
My wife has Thyroid problems too. It's been very rough on her. That Doctor of your sounds like a good one, I'd hang on to him/her.

It sounds like you're well on your way.

Arnie