View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 20:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I was invited here.

A while ago I was invited here from another thread somewhere.
I don't get a chance to check in here that often but I have found a lot of info here that is benificial.

I started on 9-15-03, after buying a scale I found out that I was about 50 lbs fatter than what I had thought and what I told my doctor. I told him I was around 440-450, he said he wanted to see me under 400 by my next visit in the first part of December. Well when I found out I was 498 instead of 448 I didn't think I would make the goal, after deciding to weigh every 2 weeks, I lost 28lbs the first 2 and 10lbs in the second 2 and only 7 in the last 2. Now I am thinking I won't make the doctors request.

I am doing the Atkins plan and so far it has been going well, Breakfast seems to be the most difficult meal and doing lunch while driving around town talking to customers has become quite a feat also. I have a lot of questions floating around in my head, but I don't seem to remember most of them when I have time to log in, I should take notes. I am still trying to stay with the more strict induction part of the lifestyle but I think sometimes I go slightly over my alotted 20 per day, and sometimes don't hit that figure at all.

I am always looking for new ideas and I look around here when I have the time, problem is the sight is so vast. Can anyone point me to the more related places on this sight or reccommend places to keep check on?

One last thing before I close this out. I have a problem with painful swelling of the lower extremities which sometimes makes walking and mobility difficult. I would like to be able to loose enough to try to start some sort of exercise routine and be able to keep with it. I have never had the drive to exercise and sometimes it was the lack of time. My present job does not have the same level of activity that my last one did, so the weight does not come off as easily as it did in the past.
Is there a way to somehow supercharge this mother so as to at least get back to 5-10lb per week loss that I began with. I know that I didn't get this fat overnight but I wouldn't mind if lost more of it in a shorter timeframe.

Sorry about the length and thanks to whom ever it was that suggested I come to this part of the forum. I look forward to coming back as often as I can.

Thanks again.

dave
Sponsored Links