View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 18:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just thought I'd share a personal observation.

I only rarely got heartburn before beginning LC, and during week 2, developed a wicked daily case of heartburn that was making me crazy. The only thing that had changed was that I had switched from bottled water to tap water. Went back to bottled water, and was fine - did a test by drinking tap water for a day and back came the heartburn. It makes no real sense to me, but I've found that I need to drink some kind of filtered water. I prefer spring/bottled water, but in a pinch can drink brita filtered tap water (don't like the taste though). While guessing at a reason with my mother, the only possible cause we could think of was that the minerals in tap water here (in BC) are different to the minerals in tapwater where I grew up (in Ont) and there's something in there my body just doesn't like...

While it logically made no sense, I've decided to go with it - with not a single case of heartburn since. Since you said you've been drinking a lot more water, have you changed the "type" of water that you're drinking?

Wynter