View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 17:50

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I did Atkins back in the mid '70's when the first book came out. I was strict for an entire month, and the scale didn't budge an ounce!! No loss, no gain. So...I gave up.

THIS time I began 8-1-2003, and lost 0 for the first three weeks...then dropped 3 lbs. in the fourth (after giving up ham chunks and bacon..hidden carbs)...then lost 0 all during September....By my NINTH week I discovered that symptoms pointed to candida albicans having its way with me for YEARS...(antibiotic history, impared immunity, sensitivity to molds, mildews, and many chemicals...digestive difficulties....etc)...and went on a much stricter regimen, taking myself off all sweeteners except stevia, anything with yeast, mushrooms, fermented foods (everything I eat is fresh), etc.....started taking supplements (caprylic acid, oil of oregano, probiotics, pau d'arco, Oregon Grape, etc...) and increased my water intake....Bingo!! I started losing weight....

Stick with it...keep going....
oh yes...and those shakes you say you need....you can give those up for awhile...especially if it's the glutamine you're after....It comes in pills and powder form at GNC...and other stores as well. I take 2 grams daily...I need it!

YOU CAN DO IT!