View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 09:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Splenda

Some sweetners are known stallers. Splenda ususally isnt one of them, but that's not to say it couldnt be stalling you. It is better than Aspartame though. Its a case of YMMV (Your Milage May Vary).

Yes, there are requirements for protein. Your body needs at LEAST 60g of protein a day. You can figure out how much YOU need by determining your lean body mass. I have a link to a web page that can do it for you pretty accurately (otherwise its a bit of measuring and calculating). If you want to go about it the long way, the formula is in the Eades book "Protein Power". The quick way can be found at CKD Parameter Calculator You type in your weight and waist measurements. Then based on the amount of activity you do your protein needs. I typically workout 5 days a week for about 40 minutes aerobically and do resitance training 4 times a week for 45 minutes so I calculate .8g protein per pound of lean muscle. The base for starting is 6g / lb. Adjust it upward depending on your activity level.

The calculator is designed for people following a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (CKD), however you can use it for our purposes. You dont need to fill in step four for it to work. Hitting submit will creat a second page with all the information you need, i.e. your % of body fat, your lean mass, your fat mass (yuck ) and your protein/fat/ calorie targets based on the information you sumitted.

The chromium helps with the cravings, but you might want to look into getting some calcium/magnesium. They will help with the fatigue and muscle cramps, should you experience them.

Keep up the good work!
Nat