#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 04:59

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default A HARD look at suger substitutes

Hi All.
I have been re-reading my atkins and Calp Books and in the Calp book I came across the section on Sugar Susbstitutes. I most of missed it as I skim through books going straight to the diet plan. LOL ( Now I can't be the only who does this) Here is wht it says

Suger substitutes may "fool" the body calorie-wise but they cannot deceive the body's insulin response. Though they are short on calories they can, nevertheless, cause an excess release of insulin and the cravings and weight gain that usually follow.
The rule of thumb is this: if it tastes sweet, your body thinks it is sugar. If your body thinks that it is getting sugar, your body releases insulin, and if you are prone to releasing too much insulin, then anything that tastes sweet, no matter how "low-calorie" it is, can lead to increased cravings and weight gain.
This is on page 61 in the Calp book paperback edition.

Now I never gave this a thought on all my attempts at doing a low carb diet, but now makes a whole heck of alot of since to me.
I always had diet soda, diet jello, and anything else low carb sweet.
I have read in several different posting on the board about people contiueing to have cravings, so I hope this will help alot of people.
Since starting back on attkins I have nothing sweet, no diet anything sweet, and I feel absoluly GREAT. NO cravings, did not get that crappy headace in the first few days, No bad tummy upsets (nothing). I have't felt this great ever doing Atkins. SOOOOO I am now concluding that wht made me crave, and feel bad was the Sugar subs.

Have a Great Day everyone
Sponsored Links